Join us on virtually December 11, 2020 as The Clearing presents a half-day interactive training on how to give and receive effective feedback
About this Event
Feedback, when done properly, can lead to huge increases in employee engagement. 98% of employees fail to feel engaged when their manager provides little to no feedback.* Feedback is important for both the giver and the receiver. The feedback conversation increases self-awareness, provides opportunities for change/accountability and improves individual and organizational effectiveness, among other benefits. At the same time, the feedback conversation can be difficult for a range of reasons, including the need to be accepted and liked or fear of reprisal and rejection.
Join The Clearing for a half-day, interactive training on how to deliver and receive constructive feedback.
What you’ll experience:
- A fun, interactive, and experiential learning environment
- An opportunity to practice delivering feedback real-time
- Expert trainers who offer personalized coaching in giving and receiving feedback in a low-stakes setting
What you’ll leave with:
- Working knowledge of common feedback styles and your preferred feedback giving and receiving style
- Practical advice for how to deliver, receive, and ask for feedback
- Strategies for avoiding and mitigating common pitfalls
- Tips and tactics for creating a culture of feedback at your organization
Zoom details will be shared when you complete your registration.
About The Clearing
The Clearing is a management consulting firm that helps leaders identify underlying causes of organizational obstacles. We help create peak performance organizations through strategy development, change management, and leadership training.
The Clearing believes our clients can solve problems, make an impact, and drive sustainable changes utilizing the fewest, most essential people – all within the constraints of finite resources and time. We are committed to helping individuals and organizations make a positive impact on the world.
|Giving and Receiving Feedback 12/11 Registration Ticket||$0|